BBC Jam was an online educational service for school pupils that offered media-rich learning resources for children. Its aim was to engage learners through disovery and stimulation, with online games, video and animation.
I worked as a producer on KS3 French and senior producer on KS3 History, leading a team of producers and working closely with interactive designers, illustrators, researchers, video production teams and developers, commissioning Flash games from design companies and auditioning actors.
- Immersive, interactive “virtual worlds” for learners to explore
- Specially shot video including a teen soap opera (in present-tense French) and greenscreen history characters
- Knowledge tests presented as video games
- English, Welsh, Gàidhlig and Irish-language support for learners
- Accessibility features to support disabled learners.
BBC Jam was shut down following a legal challenge concerning BBC fair trading.