BBC Digital Media Initiative was a project to promote digital practice in production, broadcast and archival. Its aim was to shift TV & radio production from tape-based practice to online digital systems, joining programme making, AV editing, rights management and media archiving into one integrated broadcast chain.
I joined a team of Deloitte consultants to produce a BBC intranet site that would raise awareness of the project and provide resources for production and engineering staff. Through user profiling and testing at BBC sites across the UK, I designed a site that successfully offered:
- A user-friendly and reassuring introduction to digital concepts
- Interactive presentations of the proposed new software tools
- An online “Jargon Buster”
- Future scenarios based on job role
- A short, entertaining video about Metadata (animated and voiced by me)